Change Your Career, Change Your Life
Evaluate Your Idea, Build an Effective Game Plan, and Make a Successful & Fulfilling Career Change
We're in the midst of a revolution.
Surely, you've heard about it -- The Great Resignation, The Great Reshuffle, The Big Quit.
People are leaving their jobs at a pace we've never seen in our lifetimes. They're looking for more meaning, more challenge, more money, more freedom ... more MORE.
As a career coach, I've worked with dozens of these career changers recently. And I've seen some incredible transitions, like:
- Kate, who quit her job at a global tech company to work as a leader in the field of ocean conservation
- Shyla, who left one of the world's most iconic sportswear and apparel brands to take a 100% remote job that allowed her to move her young kids closer to family in the Midwest
- Malik, who successfully shifted from his engineering job into a role as an (wait for it...) accountant
Are you ready for that next success story to be yours?
Change Your Career, Change Your Life is an online masterclass designed to help you evaluate a potential career pivot then build and activate on a plan that will take you step-by-step from today to your successful start in that brand new role or profession.
In 20 digestible video lessons, you'll learn how to:
- Evaluate your idea and narrow the definition of your ideal next job
- Build a career change strategy, set tangible milestones, and find regular time for this important work
- Stay organized and focused on the activities that will accelerate your process the most
- Update your resume and LinkedIn profile so you make sense to your target audience
- Create a cover letter that enables people to see right away why you're the perfect candidate for the jobs you want the most
- Enlist the help of people you know -- and meet new people in your desired career field
- Deal with those moments of fear and self-doubt that are part and parcel of this process
- Interview like a pro (with specific tips on how to answer the "Why the change?" question) that will surely come up
- Negotiate a solid offer, and prepare for a smooth transition
- Make the absolute most of your first 90 days in your new job or career
The course also includes: sample resumes, networking letters, cover letters, and resignation letters; a Career Pivot Roadmap worksheet, and a heaping helping of encouragement from Jenny.
I'm Jenny, your career change concierge.
A Detroit girl turned Portlander (the one on the left coast), I've been helping people navigate job search, grow their careers -- and make incredible career pivots -- for nearly 15 years.
Long-time Recruiter (I understand how hiring managers and other decision makers think and act)
LinkedIn Learning Instructor (check out my 10+ career-related courses right here)
Certified Professional Resume Writer (I've got the "paperwork" down to a literal science)
Booked-solid Career Coach (with happy clients at amazing companies like Nike, Boeing, Amazon, Airbnb, GM, Hearst Magazines, and many more!)
JobJenny.com, was born in 2010 from a belief that it shouldn't be so stinking hard, overwhelming and confusing to navigate job search, land a promotion, or venture off into a new career field. Since then, I've made it my mission to provide job seekers and those in career transition the right tools, the right guidance, and the high-fives you both need and deserve.
I've also created a system that I use to help my coaching clients through every stage of a career pivot -- from that initial evaluation period all the way through those crucial first weeks in a new job or entirely new career.
I've finally bottled it up to share in course form. And here we are. Thanks so much for joining me!
Frequently Asked Questions
"It's like getting career advice from a cool, wise friend. Actionable tasks but delivered in a friendly way, none of that [email protected]$$ 'SEARCH 8 HOURS PER DAY' that make it seem impossible."
- Eva B., Energy Efficiency Engineer
"Changing one’s career can be scary and daunting, but this course and especially the language Jenny is presenting in the videos is both motivational and realistic."
- Luke Haakenson, Systems Analyst